02 September, 2011

Chapter 22

"Who's in charge here? Omar or this Geoff guy?" Elise asked her little sister as they started following Omar towards Geoff. "Geoff's more senior, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore," Krista shrugged. "I dunno, we're listening to both of them." "Well, so I guess as long as no arguments start. The last thing we need is another power struggle." "I can't believe you came all the way to the Tower to rescue me," Krista smiled. "I can't believe you did your makeup during the apocalypse - Wait, no, sorry. Actually I can believe that. That is the first thing that's made sense in the last 24 hours." They walked through the floor, getting odd glances from everyone who hadn't run for their lives. They all looked dirty and annoyed, like refuges, and seemed to spite the newcomers simply because they weren't a proper rescue operation. Many of them had blood on them, from fighting with the security guard. "Shit, you're the only person who doesn't have blood on them. Even Milo has blood on him." "I can't believe you brought your cat," Krista sighed. "He followed me! What happened here anyway?" "The giraffes got in downstairs, it happened so fast... They shut down the elevators right away, but a couple got in." "There are giraffes in here?" "No, they were all killed, and then the guards said we weren't allowed to leave.There was no way in hell I was going to walk down those stairs." "Are you sure they were all killed?" "Well, we're still alive. Anyway, who's the cute guy?" Krista lowered her voice, looking at Holden. "What cute guy? Where?" "The one you came with?" Elise narrowed her eyes, not understanding. "... Steve?" "Oh my god! Do you even see the opposite sex! The tall cute guy! The only other guy you showed up with!" Krista pointed at Holden, who looked at the two sisters in confusion. "Are you two talking about me?" "No." Elise and Krista both answered. "Steve, I don't understand girls," Holden muttered. "Here," Omar led them up onto the raised seating in the cafe, where a tall man with wild black hair sat at a table, looking over some blueprints as a couple hosts were yelling and pointing, clearing trying to get some pressing matter solved. "Geoff, we have company." "He looks like Wolverine," Elise mumbled to Meagan. Geoff looked up at the newcomers in confusion, then saw Meagan. "Good god in heaven. I never thought I'd see you here again," he smiled and got up, then paused. "Why the hell are you here? You don't still think this would make a good hideout in a zombie apocalypse do you?" "We're not dealing with zombies this time." "No, if possible we've been plagued by the one thing even weirder than the dead reanimating." "It wasn't my decision to come here anyway - this one brought me," she pointed at Elise. "Well, sorry we're not exactly a safe haven." "Who cares about safe? I want to destroy those security guards - and I know just how to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why are you leaving comments on a blog? Get your gun and go take out some flesh-eating giraffes before they-